Easy come, easy go, would have to be the theme for how this week ended. Monday it looked
like there was a possible run up in the market ahead of us. Tuesday after a nice report from Alcoa, the market made a nice little jump. Wednesday and Thursday, it stalled and the rumbling behind the market, started to look a little negative. Friday the bottom dropped out and all the weeks gains and some of last weeks were washed away. This week I will include the weekly and 10 chart of the S&P 500 so we kind of zoom in a see what is going on.
The S&P 500 made the move this week to straddle the 50 week ma and though this is slightly
positive, it still not enough to make a decision on. The closing price was lower than the week before, it stayed below the down trend line and the RSI is still below 50. All of these last ingredients is enough to tell me to stay out of the C-fund or S&P 500. Do you need more? Let’s look at the 10 minute chart. If the 65 day crosses below the 135 day and the RSI is below 50, it is a great signal to sell. Take a look and you will see that the entire trading day for Friday was in a sell alert.
The Small Cap or $DWCPF index had a similar week as the S&P500 and it once again is
starting look like I might be closing my position in this index next week. The Small Cap closed below the 50 week ma, but still managed to straddle it, so we are safe for the week. The RSI did close below 50 and is a very negative sign. I did not post the chart, but the 10 minute chart is just like the S&P 500 for Friday and is screaming sell. I will what for the weekly chart to confirm my move, so it will be next Thursday or Friday before I make a move here.
The EFA or European index made an impressive move back to the positive last week and I was curious whether it was going to be able to continue the new trend. When I say new trend, this time I mean that
it is building a possible new trend that is not yet confirmed. The index rallied above the down trend line Monday through Thursday, but Friday it all came crashing down. It closed below the down trend, below the first support, and also below the 50 week ma. The RSI is still below 50, so we have nothing to do here but watch.
I would say that a few earning reports were good this week, but for the most part they failed to impress the market. Friday all of the financials that were reporting were bad. So, my advice is be careful trading and take care of the that retirement account.
TSP distribution: F-fund – 50%, S-fund 30%, G-fund 20%
No comments:
Post a Comment