Saturday, August 28, 2010

Part 2 of week ending 8/27/10

As promised here is the update for the Small cap and European index. First point I want to cover is a problem with one piece of software name ThinkorSwim. All my charts will look different until I can figure out what is going on with this software.

dwcpf

The Small Cap or $DWCPF took it on the chin last week and the beginning of this week, but it hung onto the 50 week ma, but just barely. The RSI is below 50 which is a negative. We will have to wait until trading begins this week before we know what to do with this fund. To look at the daily and the weekly, it might be time to pull, but looking at the 60 minute chart, we might be turning up. Either way, until we fall below 50 ma, I will stay invested here.

efa

The European index or EFA is telling us to bailout. By the rule book, being below the 50 week ma and below 50 RSI, you gotta bail. Here is the problem, I’m looking at the 10, 15, 60, and daily charts and they are all saying that we are reversing. So as long as we stay above $49.94, I’m staying in. Once that is broken, I will bail. My recommendation for those with a weak stomach for all of this market crap, is to bail the first down day that the market has. Ride it uphill until it stops, then bail. The only reason not to do this, is if the price crosses above the 50 week ma.

TSP distribution: S-fund 40%, C-Fund – 40%, I-fund – 20%

No comments:

Post a Comment