Thursday, November 30, 2017

TSP Novemeber closing numbers and monthly moves for December

We had another awesome month with all indexes finishing positive except for Bonds. I picked up another 2.5% for November bringing 2017 total so far to almost 19%. I expect my PIP to fall from 27.04 to around 23%. Yes it will fall because November 2016 was a 6.31% gain and this year 2.5%. It exceeds my goal of a positive .7 gain per month, so I am very happy. Now to our monthly charts and moves. 
 
 
I do not normally write anything with the monthyl moves, but this time I wanted to point out the last entry and the gain so far. Last buy signal was 3/31/16 and I entered on 4/1/16 and have been riding since that point. That’s a very nice run and gain. The C-fund continues to be a buy at the end of November 2017. No change. 
 
 
 
The last buy signal for the Small Cap monthly was 4/30/16 and I entered on 5/1/16. Another very nice run of 31.9% and the S-fund continues to be a buy today. No change. 
 
 
Last buy signal for the International monthly was 1/31/17 and I entered 2/1/17. Another nice run of 17.5%. The I-fund continues to be a buy today. No Change. 
 
 
 
Last sell signal was 9/30/17. I’ve been out since July 6, 2017. Bonds are still a sell today. No change.
 
Conclusion: No change in my setup, 34% - S, 33% - C, and 33% - I. Since the L-2030, L-2040, and the L-2050 have more than 61% of their portfolio invested in the C,S, and I, they are also buys. The L-income and L-2020 and always buys because they are the safe indexes that help protect you from large pull backs in the stock market, but they also pay less when the stock market has big gains. G-fund by itself is always a buy and safe. 
 
Last year, December was a positive month for us and I had a 2.02% gain. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment