Friday, December 29, 2017

TSP end of week, month, and year for 2017

 
2017 is in the books and it was an awesome year. I ended the year, as it stands right now with the raw numbers, with a 20.14% gain. It could go up a little when all gains including dividends that are paid behind the scenes are applied to our PIP. Looking at my little 12 month chart, I also had one losing month in August and it was a mere .05%. Out of everything that I track, I also ended up 3rd behind the I-fund and C-fund. The L-2050 is a very hard index to beat annually and I’ve only done it twice, and this year was one of those year I beat it. Our PIP for 2017 will likely not be reported until next Tuesday and when it is, I’ll post for all to see. 
 
Looking at my big numbers chart above, do you see the biggest winner and largest comeback from a year ago? The I-fund. It kicked butt in 2017 and is a great reason why we follow monthly moves and do not learn to hate an index just because it had a bad year. Doesn’t matter what the fund is called or what it is invested in. If it is a monthly buy, we are in. It could be the peanut butter index. That’s a joke, just smile and roll with it. 
 
Do you see the change in the number chart at the top? Its a small change, but a change that will always let you know what is and isn’t a buy. I am going to tweak the L-funds to some how show how much of the fund is green and how much is red. Still working on that. Also if you look down that last column, bottom right, you can see what I am invested in at all times. It doesn’t show the distribution, but you will always know what. I will post my distribution weekly and if I ever change it. 
 
So now it is time to move on to 2018. If you missed my post from last night, this will be the last post here on blogspot.com. I will be moving everything over to wordpress and onto my own personal domain. I will also be converting my blog to a pay site. There will be a 30 day free trial, and then you can opt out. You can chose month to month for $10 or pay for an entire 12 months for $110. So in case you have already had to much to drink to celebrate New Years weekend, that’s a $10 savings or a month free. For all of those that come with me, I am looking forward to teaching, showing, and investing in a manner that is calming in the worst times and fun in the good times like now. What I did or we did was easy the last 12 months and eventually it wiil end. This is when you need a calm method that is not driven by drama but un-emotional charts and moving averages. 
 
I will still post all my links on facebook as I have done in the past, but the only difference when you click the link to read, you will have to have an account to access the blog. Thanks for all that have followed me in the past and put up with my learning how and all my mispellings and poor grammar. I even giggle at some of my post when I go back and read them, but on the brightside, I didn’t lose a dime because of my grammer. 
 
Happy New Year to all and I hope we all have a prosperous 2018. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment